Delfi mountain-the scenic route of Skopelos
This is definitely one route that you just have to drive through.
If you are staying at Skopelos Country Villas you are in for a treat.
The Scenic Route of Delfi Mountain is not only the quickest to reach the west coast of Skopelos. It's also one of the most breathtaking you can go through.
As you start the descent towards Elios Village, the panoramic views of the Aegean will just mesmerise you. Make a few stops and step out of your car. Relax and take in the scenery.
You can see most of the beaches on the west side, (Panormos beach, Milia, Kastani, Elios).
This aerial view feels like you were hovering and paragliding down the slopes of Delfi mountain.
- Supplies you wish you did not forget!
- Driving to Mount Delfi scenic route-Skopelos
- So what is this place?
- Pictures of Mt. Delfi Scenic route
- Map of Mt. Delfi Scenic route
Supplies you wish you did not forget!
How to drive through Mt.Delfi scenic route in Skopelos
Following this scenic route of Mount Delfi is easy due to the location of Skopelos Country Villas.
- Take a right from the premises main gate and follow this asphalted road.
- Continue driving uphill until you reach a wide, three-way crossroad, (approx.1,8 Km from premises).
- Follow signs towards "Elios" village, (the middle road) continuing upwards.
- Shortly after, you'll see the small chapel on your right. This is one of the chapels dedicated to the patron Saint of Skopelos, "Agios Riginos".
- After the chapel, the road starts descending. Stay on this main road all the way.
- At the foot of Mt. Delfi, you will reach the turning point for the main coastal road.
- Turn left for the beaches of Kastani, Milia and Panormos or right towards the sleepy village of Elios and Hovolo Beach.
So What is this place?
No matter how many times I drive this route, I never grow tired of it.
Once you pass the small Chapel to your right, you'll see a beautiful meadow just below the road level.
It's used as herding and gathering ground for many Skopelitian Goats.
If you drive through there during the day, and while the goats are away and busy grazing, it's worth stepping out of your car to walk across this meadow.
There's a line of trees and an opening at the far end. Here you will snap some of your most panoramic pictures of the west coast of Skopelos:
Evia across, Skiathos and mainland Greece.
Following this point, many vista viewpoints will unfold beneath you.
This is also the shortest way to reach most of Skopelos beaches from our premises.
This beautiful road is also one of the main routes you'll be following in The Perfect 7 Day Itinerary For Skopelos Island.
Pictures of Mt. Delfi Scenic route
Map of Mt. Delfi Scenic route
*Depending on your browser or size of screen, you may have to move or zoom in further into the map to see details of this route.